Key points about this news item Malta Music Festival roundupMalta has a very active music scene - Malta Music Festivals 2017 Description:
Malta music festivals 2017
Malta may only be a small Mediterranean Island, but despite its size the island really packs a punch when it comes to entertainment and in particular music. Along with some fantastic Maltese bands, such as Red Electrick, Airport Impressions, The Rifffs, Tribali and many more, the islands hold many music festivals right through the year, many of which are free.
Whatever you are looking for, from death metal to jazz, Malta has a festival for you!
- 7 – 9 April: Craft Beer and Live Music Festival - In its first year and hosted in the infamous Strait Street (The Gut), if you like craft beer and music, what are you waiting for!
- 13 – 16 April: Lost and Found Festival Malta, by Annie Mac - Radio 1 DJ Annie Mac has been organising the Lost and Found Festival since 2015 and has quickly established itself, bringing thousands of mostly British music fans to Malta.
- 21 – 23 April - Rock the South Malta - Now in its sixth year, Rock the South a mix of live bands, DJ’s and even a silent disco!
- 21 – 30 April: Malta International Music Festival - This classical music event has been held annually in and around Valletta for many years brings many international artists to Malta
- 06 May: Xtreme Metal Assault Spring Fest - A night of metal music at The Warehouse Club
- 19 – 20 May: Malta World Music Festival - This is a brand new Festival, bringing world music to Malta
- 1 – 4 June: Malta Earth Garden - Look for an alternative festival? Earth Garden Malta brings together music, art and culture with an international line-up, including one of Malta’s favourites Tribali.
- 24 – 25 June: Ghanafest Malta - This is a distinctly Maltese affair, although more international folk groups have taken part recently. Ghana, pronounced A-na, is traditional Maltese folk music that we are not going to attempt to describe. Suffice to say, it is an acquired taste!
- 27 June 2017: Isle of MTV Malta - One of the largest festivals in Europe, and probably the largest single night event, with a capacity of 50,000 people, Isle of MTV attracts some big name artists as well as local Maltese performers
- 5 – 8 July: Beland Music Festival - Another festival in the south of Malta and now in its seventh year, expect popular Maltese bands along with tribute bands such as Think Floyd. Proceeds of the festival are donated to Puttinu Cares charity
- 7 – 9 July: Sunscape Festival - For a chilled festival on the chilled island of Gozo, the Sunscape Festival has got to be for you!
- 15 July: Xtreme Metal Assault - Another dose of metal mayhem at The Warehouse Club in Zurrieq
- 20 -22 July: Malta Jazz Festival - One of the longest running festivals in Malta, the Jazz Festival celebrates its 26th edition this year. Previous artists include Jamie Cullum no less and takes place around Valletta
- 28 – 6 August: The Farsons Beer Festival - Although centred around the beer, this festival brings eight days of non-stop live bands and local Maltese artists
- 7 – 8 September: Glitch Festival - Only in its second year, the Glitch Festival brought local electronic music to the fore
Malta Holiday Home Services, property management in Malta